1. Rinse your toothbrush and apply pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
2. Aim the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle towards the gum line.
3. Use a gentle circular motion. Repeat on the inside surfaces.
4. Use a light back and forth motion on the chewing surfaces.
5. Spit and rinse with water after two minutes of brushing.
Tooth brushing mistakes:
- You rush through because you're tired or late for work. It's important to brush for two minutes to thoroughly remove plaque. Place a timer for 2 minutes or listen to your favorite song.
- When it comes to brushing, harder isn't better. Loosen up your grip on the toothbrush and apply a gentle circular motion to remove plaque.
- When the bristles become discolored, bent, or dirty looking - replace your bamboo toothbrush and compost your old toothbrush every 3-4 months.
- Keep your toothbrush in the open air to keep mold or bacteria from growing on it when it’s wet.
- Avoid the back and forth motion which can lead to recession. Only use this motion on the chewing surfaces.