What you can do on Earth Day and Everyday!
Recycle paper, plastic and glass. Reduce your garbage by 10% and your carbon footprint by 1,200 pounds a year.
Donate your old clothes and home goods instead of throwing them out. When you need something, consider buying used items.
- Use cloth towels instead of paper ones.
- Change your paper bills to online billing. You’ll be saving trees and the fuel it takes to deliver your bills by truck.
YourSmileBox sells eco-friendly oral care products! Our toothbrush is 100% biodegradable and compostable. It is made from bamboo and cornstarch! We encourage customers to practice good oral health by regularly replacing their toothbrushes and reducing plastic waste. YourSmileBox donates 20% to Global Dental Relief for every box sold!
- Buy organic food to keep your body and the environment free of toxic pesticides. Support farmers and companies who use organic ingredients.
- Reduce water usage. Turning off the faucet instead of letting it run while you are brushing your teeth can reduce the water usage associated with tooth brushing by 84%, which is 2340 gallons per year.
- Grow your own organic garden, or join a farm-share group.
- Reduce your meat consumption to curb carbon emissions from the livestock industry.
- Compost kitchen scraps for use in your garden — turning waste into fertilizer.
Follow us on Instagram for more tips and tricks! @yoursmilebox